Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Moving Forward

We have just finished filling out our first official application for Family Connection Christian Adoption (FCCA) and will be attending our first adoption class on September 21st. 

It's amazing, this adoption process!  I don't mean finding an agency or filling out paper work but what happens in your heart.  I have never met our son and yet, even now, I am brought to tears when I think about the first time I will see him.  I have this longing for a baby that I will never carry in my belly or go to countless doctor appointments hearing updates on his growth or listen to his heart beat in my womb.  I won't feel his little kicks against the inside of my belly or anticipate his arrival date.  What I get to do is pray for him daily and trust that God is there watching him every step of the way and that excites me!!!  There are so many things we will miss but at the same time so many things we will learn as we walk through this process of bringing our son home.  I look forward to this growth.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment