Monday, September 6, 2010

Bethany Christian Services

Bethany Christian was the agency we first looked into after hearing some great things about their services.  It was while searching their site that I felt lead to Hong Kong.  We knew we wanted a boy with Down syndrome (Ds) but were not sure were to go.  Bethany description for Hong Kong basically said:  The Hong Kong program mainly has boys with Down syndrome.  It was an immediate confirmation for me and so we decided to pursue this program.  This program also only requires us to travel for about five days, a huge thing since we have three precious girls we need to be here for.
Now starts the paper work.  We began filling out some forms and received approval from Bethany to move forward.  Since Bethany is out of state we tried to find a home study agency close by that would work with us and Bethany,  none was found.  I then received an e-mail, from Bethany, suggesting we work with another agency that has the same Hong Kong program because they have offices close by.  And so we waiting about a month and a half to meet with this new agency. 
I must take a moment and share that when all this started I felt God telling me to be patient and wait for His leading at each step.  Waiting for the meeting was a bit frustrating but it helped to slow me down and focus on what God was teaching me.  I know Gods timing is perfect and I want to make sure I follow Gods lead in the process to finding our son.
After meeting with the new agency we decided to proceed with them, Family Connections Christian Adoption.

No comments:

Post a Comment