Monday, September 27, 2010

God Speaks

I have two stories I want to share with you.  If you don't believe God speaks, I hope you will after you read these stories.

Story #1
After reading our blog a friend called and told me about a chapter in this book, "Real Moms...Real Jesus, that she wanted me to read.  The title of the chapter is, "The Truth about Faith".  The  chapter begins with a mother's conversation with her daughter and how they will no longer be able to buy her a car.  They needed the money in the savings account for a new well.  The daughter was disappointed but rested on the fact that she would pray and ask God to provide her with a car if it was in His will to do so.  She even went as far as asking God for a car that had an automatic transmission, four doors and was blue.  Not long after they received an e-mail asking if they would like a car.  This person was getting rid of a car and the family came to mind.  He also mentioned that the car was blue.  WOW!  Is God good or what.  God provided for this family in many ways that echoed our own experiences.  The last story they shared was what God wanted me to pay special attention to.  God called this family to adopt .  What was most exciting was how God provided for the expenses of their adoption.  Their adoption costs where more than double what ours will be but God provided.  They had bake sales and other ways they raised funds but they still had a balance of $15,000 after all they had done.  They knew God would provide and He did.  This family received a check for the remaining balance.  What an amazing God I serve!  God used this chapter to remind me not only of how He has provided so many times before but that He would still provide in our present circumstances.  After all God is the one who called us to adopt.  I can't wait to see how He provides this time!!!



Story#2
Many of you don't know this but I have struggled for many years with a fear of dying.  After having children that fear grew.  I have grown to trust that God did not give me the family and calling He has so I can die.  Unfortunately, the thought of flying to Hong Kong, to pick up our son, had brought all those fears back.  I would literally feel sick thinking about dying and leaving our girls with no parents.  That's when I received an e-mail from a precious friend who had no idea what I was dealing with.  Here is what she wrote...
"Wanted to let you know how excited I am for you and your growing family. As I was praying the other day I envisioned seeing you holding this little bundle in a blanket, and you handed him to me and I just started tearing up and praising God. It was very emotional for me and it sparked a huge excitement in me that hadn't been there before. I have to admit that I was concerned with the huge hurdles ahead but that vision just confirmed that it is already done. That baby is yours and it is just a matter of time until God fulfills His promise to you. I can only imagine what it all means to you."
I started to cry because God once again spoke to me.  He knew my fear and wanted me to see that I would be back sharing our son with a friend. That He would complete what He has started.  I love how God knows our hearts so intimately and there's not a thought we have that He doesn't know about.  He cares for us and He will always be there to carry use out of our fears.

1 Thessalonians 5:24-The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.


Praising God Always,

1 comment: