Saturday, September 4, 2010

Here we go!

So here I am starting a Blog that I hope will bless those reading it!  I honestly don't know where to start so let's go way back to the beginning.

A few months ago I came upon a website that had many pictures of children with Down syndrome(Ds) that are in orphanages in other countries.  The websites goal is to connect families, looking to adopt a child with Ds, with one of these children and giving these children their own "Forever Family".  This organization also helps you raise funds to help with the cost of adoption.  This site is www.reecesrainbow.com, but be warned you will need a box or two of tissues while visiting this site.
After reading about all the children and seeing their precious little faces I began to feel like we had to do something.  So after crying harder and longer than I had in 10 years I decide to pray and seek God for what he wanted us to do.  Does God want us to give and support a child finding their forever family or are we to pursue an adoption?  By the end of the day I had my answer.  After sharing this with Josh he agreed and so here we are getting ready for our adoption journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment