Wednesday, October 5, 2011

He is Ours

Now that we have seen our son, I have been revisiting my previous struggles regarding how I would know for sure if any child they would refer to us was the one. I really had a hard time with this concept until I saw our Jed. The best way for me to explain would be to have you imagine staring into the nursery at the hospital, after you've given birth, and the nurses asking you if you wanted another child instead of yours. Your immediate response would be, "No way are you crazy." Well this would be my response now! Not that the other children aren't precious, but they are not your child. That's how I feel about Jed. I walk by our frames of pictures that include the girls and Jed, and he just fits right in. We don't look at him any different than we do our girls. My only thought is that it's weird that he is not with us. And now I can't even imagine the agency referring another child to us. That thought has completely gone away. Like the other children in the hospital nursery, I know that Jed belongs to us and that God has other families for the children who are still at Mother's Choice, the orphanage in Hong Kong. Jed is ours! I don't know how God does these amazing things, but He does, and I'm so glad I am a part of this beautiful plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment