Sunday, October 16, 2011

How Grandma Feels

My mom and I were talking about the adoption when I decided to ask her how she feels about Jed.  I was honestly not sure what kind of reaction I was going to get because we have never been through anything like this before.  My mom shared, with me, a conversation she had with her Step-Mom about how she wasn't sure how she was going to feel.  (I believe this conversation took place before we had any photos.)  My Step-Grandmother told my mom that she would love this little boy because I love him.  I thought that was so beautiful.  I can't really put into words why but it was a powerful statement for me.  My mom then shared how she looks at all the pictures, of her grandchildren, on the shelf and that Jed just seems to fit right in.  I was so happy to hear this because that's how we feel. 

Our sweet boy all the way in Hong Kong is perfect for our family and I look forward to the day I get to wrap my arms around him.  I'm sure it will be one of the most priceless moments of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment