Friday, June 15, 2012

The CALL

We got THE call that will take us to the end of our adoption journey.  We have travel dates!!!!  I was at Scottish Rite when Gwen called with the news.  Because I woke up feeling sick and had a terrible headache this news sent my body into over drive and I thought I was going to throw up.  Luckily I didn't.  It felt so great to finally be at this point!  Sarah was with me and wanted to tell everyone the good news then the phone was passed to me so I could give the details.  We made call after call until I needed a break.  Trying to absorb all this excitement was overwhelming.  I decided to stop all calls when another mom, at speech, started asking me questions about the adoption.  She said it was really nice to be seeing all this take place.  We had a great conversation not only about adoption but about Down syndrome too.  It was so nice to share our story as the final phone call came in.  I was so excited about the news that i could not sit down and my mind was racing.  Picture this:  your sitting at home reading a favorite book, all is calm and the house is quiet when there's a knock at the door.  You open the door to find someone yelling run run a tornadoes coming, run, run fast, run run run!!!!  I came home and began a search for flights, hotels and anything that would help me with planning.  I decided I needed time to relax and focus...to regain control of my mind.  I took a shower and went to bed.  I prayed and breathed and prayed and breathed until all anxiety was gone and my my was clear.  I went to sleep with no plan but a peaceful heart!

Today I am focused on getting some plans set.  I will update once this happens.

Oh my heart is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment