Thursday, August 25, 2011

Trip Two of Three

The second trip was the one Josh and I took alone to Morro Bay.  We have not been on a trip alone since I was pregnant with Hannah and I don't really count that trip as going alone.  This trip, however, was just the two of us and it was a blast.  We stayed at The Inn at Morro Bay and I could not have asked for a more perfect place for us.  It was quiet and charming.  This is my favorite vacation spot now!




This was the view from our room.



Although we did not have a total bay view we could still see the rock and we enjoyed the trees and sky that we could see.  We slept with the door and shutters open.  It was very bungalow beach feeling.  I loved it!  Here's the view of the sunset from our room.  Beautiful!



We went on some great bike rides too.  We rode five miles to the area Josh would like to retire someday. 



We walked on the beach and took some great pictures.  The camera really made this outing fun.






I had coffee in a glass mug.  I don't know why but it felt very fancy and I loved the way it looked.  So fresh and cheery.  Strange perhaps but look!


We ate at some really neat places.  On our last morning we had breakfast at the little coffee shop called Coffee Cottage that overlooked the bay.  Then we bought Taffy and I took more pictures.



On our way home we made a few stops because we wanted the day to be full of "us" time.  Our first stop you will learn more about in the next post "The Third Trip".  Then it was off to Avila Beach where we walked the pier and ate lunch.  The pier was kind of creepy because the boards had about an inch and a half gap between them.  We both felt like we would fall through.  I know it's impossible but it still made us uncomfortable.



Our last stop was this great farmer's market just off the freeway at Avila Beach.  They had an ice cream shop, vegetables, candy, jam, homemade pies, animals, hay rides and a whole lot more.  We will definitely be going back to bring the girls.







The best part about this trip was reconnecting with each other.  We spent a lot of time enjoying each others interests, for Josh cycling and for me learning to take good pictures.  It's not a trip I will soon forget!!!


Wish we were there now!


2 comments: