Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mini Garage Sale

The girls decided a few months ago that they wanted to have a garage sale.  They wanted to give me the money for the adoption!  My girls are PRICELESS!!!!!  Julia made clay furniture at school and wants to sell them for $9.00, $6.00 and so on.  I didn't know what to do because I wanted to support them but know that people will not pay as much as they would like to charge for the items they have to sell.  It's so hard when your children's hearts are in the right place because I don't want to crush their desire to help.  Julia would love to get lots of money for us.  So after talking with a friend and thinking about it for these few months we have decide to let them have the garage sale, this Saturday form 8-11, but they will need to price their items at appropriate garage sale prices.  I worry that no one will come and they will feel disappointed.  Unfortunately, I can't control the out come of the sale but I can support them and make sure they have fun reminding them how sweet they are for thinking this up in the first place.  We may even bake something to sell?

I will let you know what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Precious!! It'll be a great moment, story and memory. I hope you take lots of pictures. This will be something you will want to remember. I'm sorry I won't be there but tell Julia I would love to buy one of her sculptures please. Please save me one! Have a greta day!

    ReplyDelete