Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hong Kong

While we wait for our home study to be completed I am enjoying the journey.  In the mean time I have learned some things about Hong Kong.  The most interesting fact is that 5 million people live there.  WOW!  How do they fit so many people.  I found out that most people live in tall buildings with apartments being only 700 square feet.  With this information I was not surprised to find out that spacial awareness does not exist.  Traveling to Hong Kong is sure to be a fun adventure!  It was described as New York on steroids.  The hustle and bustle of a busy city with people trying to get to where they need to go.  Public transportation in run at this same speed so we are going to have to get really good at moving and thinking quickly.  Someone also suggested we take jackets because, although their summers are hot and muggy, the indoors are freezing.  This should be interesting.  I have heard too that the people are very friendly and that Hong Kong was recognized as a great place to live.  Living in small town Carpinteria might make the transition to Hong Kong a bit challenging but I still can't wait to get a stamp on my passport and meet the little boy that is sure to change our lives forever.

If you have any great tidbits about Hong Kong I would love to hear them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment