Thursday, November 25, 2010

So Much To Be Thankful For!

Our family has so much to be thankful for.  God in all His splendor is the reason I say this.  I'm thankful for His character;  His faithfulness, generosity, provision, friendship, forgiveness and love for us, His Word that guides us through this life and His promises that come to fruition when we trust and follow Him wholeheartedly.

I have seen all of these characteristics of God in our adoption journey.  I see Him unfolding the path for each step just before He knows we need to be there.  My prayer from the beginning has been to be patient and wait for God's timing each step of the way.  This is usually a challenge for me because I so often want to be in control, knowing all the details and having a plan set.  In the the process of adoption I found that I have no control over many of the things that go on;  when they will process our paperwork, when we will have our home study and above all when we will go get our son.  This realization has brought a complete surrender to God on my part.  I have given God all authority and control on this journey and He has proven Himself faithful and sufficient at all times.  There is such a peace that overwhelms me as I watch how God is working everything out form the $2000.00 grant we received that was donated the night before we shared our story with a staff member at LIfeSong, to being at the lab and having my blood draw go smoothly(I have small veins and have been pocked four times in the past before a vein was found).  I see all this and think....isn't this how we are supposed to live, always in total surrender to God and His plans.

If we walked in this full surrender giving up all control, trusting and knowing that God is paving the perfect path for us we would see God's perfect plan come to fruition.  As we move forward on this journey I know that God will reveal the next steps as I need to know them and when the day comes when we set off to bring our son home I will see the whole picture of God's plan for this journey.  But I also know that bringing Jedidiah home is only the beginning of all God wants to do.  As we open the door to our house introducing Jedidiah to his sisters I will know that another journey has begun.

Anticipating God's next step.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, what a great blessing to be thankful for - living in anticipation of God leading our way. That is what life is all about! Love your words once again!

    ReplyDelete