Monday, March 7, 2011

Great News and a Confession

The phone call I was waiting for never came but an e-mail did!  We will start our home study on March 31st.  This is the individual interview that each of us have with our social worker.  This interview will take about an hour for each of us and we will go one right after the other.  No chance for us to share answers.

I told the girls about this news today and they got really excited.  They both yelled YAY! and jumped up and down.  They are going to be great big sisters, again!

I also had a revelation this week about the adoption process.  Since I know that God has brought us to this place and guided every step of the process so far, why would I think that any of this process is taking too long.  It's ridiculous for me to get irritated and impatient with the speed things are moving.  Of course, everything is moving as it should be.  It's ultimately directed by the hand of God, the God I seek and trust and follow.   So you will get no more complaints out of me.  From now on I plan to be content with the speed of this process and at peace with each moment whether I am waiting or actively involved.

Confession feels good.

"We shall not be able to adore God on the highest occasions if we have learned no habit of doing so on the lowest." -C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. beautiful! that's a HUGE revelation! Thank you Holy Spirit!!

    ReplyDelete